See What Cosmetology Career Options Are Available
What could you learn in beauty school that's so important to your future? Simply, the beauty industry offers endless opportunities. To become qualified to cut hair, you need a cosmetology license. To obtain a license, you have to pass an exam. That's exactly what beauty school will teach you. While gaining hands on experience with hair, beauty school will help you prepare to pass the cosmetology licensing exam. Then what?
Work in a Salon
- You'd attend the same general location most days.
- Your office would most likely be a 'station' at the salon.
- If you like lots of stability, you'll get it from this career option.
- In some large salons, you may specialize in one area, like coloring.
Owning a Salon
- Combine your business savvy, management skills and people skills
- Focus on costs, staffing, and marketing
- Many owners work as stlists in their salons.
- In exchange for the stress of running a salon, many owners make a very good living.
On Location Positions
- Include stylists on movie sets and bridal stylists that go to the bride for services.
- Work in hotels and private homes.
- You might go on location to a retirement home and cut hair.
- Some cruise ships will staff a salon with cosmetologists.
When we say beauty school gives you career options, we mean it. Not just one option, either, but a huge future is ahead of you. You decide which direction you want to go, we give you the learning tools to help you succeed.